International call for candidates to head 4-year group within Institut Pasteur International Network
Promoting new talents
In the first phase, priority will be given to Institutes located in countries with low and middle economic resources.
Young group leader is meant to develop innovative research programs on infectious, neglected and tropical diseases. Outstanding candidates proposing very good quality project in microbiology, virology, immunology, genetics, epidemiology or entomology are highly encouraged to apply. Project may be proposed to one or several institutes of the IP international network located in low and middle income countries. Transversal projects including epidemiology, virology, entomology and partnerships with national and international universities would be highly appreciated.
Selection criteria for the unit project
- the quality of the project proposed ;
- contribution and development of a new skill benefiting the host institute ;
- how the project fits in with research objectives in the countries concerned ;
- cooperation envisaged with local, regional and international teaching and research institutions ;
- feasibility of the project submitted (suitable funding, achievable actions, etc.)
Selection criteria for the candidate
- Quality of the scientific results with very good level publications ;
- holding a PhD and experiencing post-doctoral degree abroad in an internationally ranked laboratory for between 3 and 8 years ;
- funding and research contracts obtained as a lead researcher ;
- ability to manage and train junior scientists ;
- scientist native from a Southern nation is highly encouraged.
320,000€ over 4 years from Institut Pasteur added to the in-kind contribution of host institute may include the salaries of the group leader and technicians, basic laboratory equipments, etc...