- Bacterial diseases (tuberculosis, whooping cough, meningitis, cholera, diarrhoea, etc)
- Parasitic diseases (malaria, leishmaniasis, etc)
- Research also covers pathologies including certain cancers, genetic diseases, neuro-degenerative diseases, and allergies
- 21 technological platforms
* The Medical Centre at the Institut Pasteur proposes the following services to the public:
- Consultations: travel medicine for infectious and tropical diseases and allergies
- International vaccination centre: vaccinations and travel advice
- Voluntary counselling and testing centre (HIV, hepatitis C)
- Rabies treatment centre
- Medical biology analysis laboratory
- 20 National Reference Centres
- 8 WHO Collaborating Centres
Teaching & training:
- In 2006, 331 students hailing from 41 countries, all highly selected, participated in courses organised by the Institut Pasteur.
The 21 courses dispensed by the Teaching Centre are Master’s level units including highly developed practical modules. Certain courses can lead to an inter-university diploma and several are integrated into coursework for doctoral schools in Parisian universities.
- In 2006, 750 interns of 56 different nationalities were welcomed by the Institut Pasteur, to broaden their professional horizons, for a sabbatical year, and for research training purposes.